When most of us imagine training our pets we picture this idyllic, pastoral scene with our four-legged companion responding to our every thought. In reality, most of us have experienced something closer to an I Love Lucy skit with our houses torn to bits.
There are many, many methods to unleash the type of behavior that you are looking for in your pet. There is no perfect method for every pet and every pet owner. At Riversong, we hope these resources will help you identify what methods and tools are going to be best for you and your furry family members. And remember, if you find yourself in a comedy of errors, don’t forget to enjoy a good laugh even if it’s at yourself.
Local and Regional Trainers:
- A Good Dog’s Life / Gail Hubbard & Susan Wilson
- Companion Dog Training School
- Paws in Motion / Matthew & Tina Southerland
- Spring Valley Farm Dog Care / Denise Darcy
- Whole Dog Journal
- Transylvania County Library (lots of books on training and specific breeds)